Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don Scott's Big Announcement

 Today at 2 pm I was at the big announcement regarding Don Scott.  He is a person that I have the utmost respect for and was thrilled when he publicly announced his intention to seek the PC nomination for the new riding of Fort McMurray-Conklin. Things are different this year.  We are gearing up to vote in two MLAs for our region. The city is practically all abuzz with excitement over the possibilities and opportunities.
Map of Alberta showing Provincial Electoral
Divisions 58 & 59

In the foyer at Sawridge, my friend, stepped up to the plate for Fort McMurray.  Addressing a standing room only crowd Don talked about his vision and direction for Fort McMurray/Conklin.  His belief in committed action, in education, in seniors, in health care and having a effective representative in government.  He talked of putting aside past grievances for a future that we can be proud of no matter where we are in this world.  I encourage you to drop into his website to learn more about Don Scott www.donscott.ca

Don Scott: Announcement @ Sawridge


Over the last year I have watched Don Scott stand up for our community.  I have had a chance to get to know him better as a person as we seem to travel in the same circles and attend quite a few of the same events as publicly elected figures. I guess that is not unusual as both of us have made Fort McMurray a place to raise our families and our homes are here in Wood Buffalo.  I have watched him as he stops to talk to everyone who has come up to him, making time to hear their concerns and move into action when called upon.  He is someone that I have the honour of calling friend.  He is funny, thoughtful,a family man, a volunteer and he loves this community as much as I do.  I firmly believe that he will be an outstanding representative for our region. Too bad he running for 58: Fort McMurray-Conklin...it is not my voting area, because he would have my vote hands down. 
Loved your cupcakes, Don!


No comments:

Post a Comment